We don’t know about all of you, but here, at Dipfeed, we love wordplay jokes. Does this include puns, you ask? Yes it does, and lots of them. We use them on a regular basis and we love when we run into a really good one. Now this may come from a love for the English language, which we express by writing our articles in English. But it can also come from a weird sense of humor, which we hope that some of you share with us.
But we’re not just going to bait you without offering something in exchange. We come prepared with some of the best wordplay jokes that we have heard. And we hope that they convince you how fun and interesting this language can be. But also of how any situation can be diffused with a good and funny pun.
1. Why can’t you trust an atom?
Because they make up literally everything.
2. Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?
Everything’s fine. He woke up.
3. What does a grape say after it’s stepped on?
Nothing. It just lets out a little wine.
4. Why don’t teddy bears ever order dessert.
Because they’re always stuffed.
5. I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker.
But when I got home, all the signs were there.
6. I was wondering why the ball kept getting bigger and bigger…
And then it hit me.
7. How come oysters never donate to charity?
Because they’re shellfish.
8. What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?
You’re too young to smoke.
9. What’s the tallest building in the world?
The library, cause it has the most stories.
10. How do trees get online?
They log in.
11. Why did the scarecrow keep getting promoted?
Because he was outstanding in his field.
12. Why did the pig leave the party early?
Because everyone thought he was a boar.
13. Why shouldn’t you write with a broken pencil?
There’s no point.
14. How can you get four suits for a dollar?
Buy a deck of cards.
15. What’s the difference between a cat and a complex sentence?
A cat has claws at the end of its paws. A complex sentence has a pause at the end of its clause.